"Greater than Your Ability is the Way Ahead"

     Over the past few weeks I have had the amazing opportunity to become apart of a school principalship program.  I barely mentioned my intention to do so, fearful of the return comments.  But, I am eternally grateful for the gentle prods of encouragement that I received along the way and I am glad that I made and followed through with the decision.  Baruch HaShem!
     Now, that I have been further baptized into the world of administration, I can't help but wonder "Can I really do this? Am I cut out for this? Is this even possible? Will I do a great job?"  Honestly, this has been one of the most humbling learning experiences I have ever encountered. 
     This morning, when reading I Kings 18-19 (this weeks Haftorah portion), I received HaShem's "manna" that was specially for me this morning.  Here is the context, Elijah has just embarrassed and slaughtered the false prophets of Baal.  There seems to be a legitimate returning to the One True G-D in the hearts of the people.  Rain finally comes and Jezebel is now threatening Elijah's life.  Elijah runs away to the Wilderness, asks G-D to take his life, and goes to sleep under a tree.  An angel wakes him up to eat and he does.  Then a second time, an angel wakes him up and says, "Get up and eat for greater than you ability is the way ahead."  
     How true is this for us today?  When in all instances the L-RD calls us to go on ways that are greater than our individual ability?  Often, He calls us to tasks, people, commitments, and so many other things that are greater than our ability.  And yet, He provides us with the sustenance to go on in the strength that He provides, much like Elijah did.  
     The nitty gritty: "Get up and eat for greater than your ability is the way ahead."  Get in the Torah!  Cultivate an appetite for it and satisfy your hunger and thirst!  Why?-because the way ahead is greater than your ability.  
     May it be the will before You HaShem our G-D that we get up and eat what You graciously and specifically provide for us for the way ahead of today.  May our words always be with Your wisdom, kindness, and truth.  May we not look to the right or to the left, but keep our eyes fixated on You as we walk in Your ways, sanctify Your Name, and bring Your beauty wherever we go.  May we absorb only You; so that You are all that we reflect. 


Remember S.W.A.G. "It's all about the way you walk." (Psalm. 128:1 "Blessed is everyone who walks in His ways.") 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Are So Many Great Women Single? Part 1

"When Waiting Is Apart of Walking"

"Follow the Leader"