"Strengthening What is Strong?"

    For many of us we invest our time working on our "places of growth."  And we should.  Yet, how often do we consider strengthening those places where we are experiencing strength and success?

    As I begin to make a new transition I am often asked, "What strengths do you bring to the table?" I answer the question and almost immediately the Devil and that inner critic come in seeking to disrupt the clarity and confidence that God has given me.  I refuse! God has given us too much! He has strengthened us in many areas and we must actively participate in "strengthening what is strong."

    Check it out: "Finally brothers we ask & encourage you in the Lord Yeshua, that as you have received from us how you must walk and please God--as you are doing--DO SO EVEN MORE" (I Thessalonians 4:1).  In fact later on in the chapter Paul writes that the congregation is doing something well and to "DO SO EVEN MORE."

     This was so empowering for me to contemplate more about the strengths God has gifted me with and the ways in which I can intentionally strengthen what is strong even more.  It is too easy to get complacent in life.  It is too easy to grow lazy and think that our strengths will take care of themselves.  When we experience success in a particular area of strength it is so easy to let our foot off the pedal and to relax that effort.  We cannot. In those places of strength for us we must never let up and we must "DO SO EVEN MORE."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Are So Many Great Women Single? Part 1

"When Waiting Is Apart of Walking"

"Follow the Leader"