Strong, Purpose-Driven + Beautiful: Winning As A Woman of God

     I just finished my 3rd year in an official leadership position. I love it. Every day I experience the cycle of success, defeat, frustration, illumination, exhaustion, second wind, stuckness, alertness, "in my zone", no where near my "comfort zone" and everything (if there's anything left) in between. It's coming to a time when I am getting a lot of questions on what my next move is going to be. Are you ready for the next level?
     I struggle with this because I often feel there is much still to be learned in the chapter I am living. I struggle with what the "next level" will require of me? What will it require of the family I seek to have one day? How can I find my rhythm between all the roles I carry?
     As a woman who strives to live faithfully to God, I struggle to know how there can be room for public leadership, eventual entrepreneurship, health + fitness, beauty, education, family (when that time comes), and faith? Oh and sleep, who can forget sleep?
     Yes, Proverbs 31 speaks about the woman of valor who excelled in all these areas; but there's also another place in the Word that speaks of how a woman can find her rhythm and win in multiple spheres of her life. Check it out. Psalm 144:12--"...may our daughters be as corner pillars fashioned for a palace..."
     This verse has meant much to me for a long time, as a daughter who always searched for her father's blessing and prayer, I found one through the voice of King David who composed this blessing and prayer. "May our daughters be as corner pillars fashioned for a palace..."
     My heart is taken by this passage because, to me, David is praying for daughters to be women of strength (corner pillars), purpose (fashioned for), and beauty (a palace). All three of these are necessary in the multiplicity of roles we have. Strength--in order to persevere in trial so we can walk in triumph. Purpose--so we will be rooted in the never-changing and irrevocable call of God. Beauty--so we can be lovingly connected to our Creator and thus humbly confident as His masterpiece...His workmanship (that's a confidence no man can give or disrupt, Amen!).
     So, wherever God has placed you as His daughter may you grow in the strength He provides, may you be locked into His purpose as found in His Word, and may you walk confidently in the intentional beauty with which He has carefully crafted you. Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Are So Many Great Women Single? Part 1

"When Waiting Is Apart of Walking"

"Follow the Leader"