Distracted?-Turn Your Face to God

     For the past couple of weeks I have allowed myself to get blindingly distracted.  Usually, my summer months are times of almost effortless refreshment in the presence of God, feasting on His word and allowing His peace to reign in my heart through prayer.  But, this summer has been a wrestling match...in so many ways.  I have had to get more disciplined in listening for and obeying the voice of the Holy Spirit.  I have to deliberately work at removing the things, situations, and people that I allowed to cloud my view of my Heavenly Father.
     In the midst of these weeks, I "happened" to be reading Jeremiah 32.  Here's one message that stood out to me, "To Me they turned their back and not their face..." (Jer. 32:33). After a handful of challenging situations I teetered between doubting God's plan and believing His purpose.  The Holy Spirit convicted me with this statement by saying--"Brandy, stop turning your back to Me and instead turn your face.  Stop looking around at other situations, people, and things and measuring yourself with those. Stop.  Turn your face to Me. If you are looking at anyone or anything else to determine where you should be in your journey; you are turning your back to Me and not your face. Turn your face to Me. Turn your face to Me."
     So when those challenging times came again my heart cried out, "Lord, I am turning my face to You. Help me believe Your plan and see Your hand. My face is toward You. I trust You because I know that You see and care for every ounce of me.  My face is toward you."
    The next time the battle is raging in your heart, when you wrestle to believe God's best and rest in His unchanging character, turn your face to Him and keep doing so until the battle subsides.  At the same time, please know that you will and you must turn your face to Him over and over and over until the battle is won.  What's distracting your heart right now?  To what have you turned your face and in so doing turned your back to God? What person, situation, or thing has arrested your attention instead of the Lord? If the answer is anything other than the Creator of our souls then we must...turn our face to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Are So Many Great Women Single? Part 1

"When Waiting Is Apart of Walking"

"Follow the Leader"