Tough Position; But the Right Perspective

     For me, this season has been a long, long, one more time LONG one! There have been many triumphs and also many trials that have taken me by the chin and put my face before the throne of my King. Praise Him for His faithfulness especially in our process of repentance! Our King is kind and faithful! No way, do we deserve to even have audience with Him and yet like the Psalmist states "what is man that You take thought of us?" (Psalm 8:4).
     In this season, the Lord has tested my faith...and many times I did not know how much more I could take. In these times of despair, the Spirit prompted me back to the only source of truth, not my feelings, not my grit; but His word; so I re-read Hebrews 11. The portion on Sarah stuck out particularly to me since she was the first woman mentioned as this example of one who hopes and has the assurance of hope even though that hope is not seen. The Word says, "she considered Him..." (Heb. 11:11). She "considered Him". She refused to allow the realities of her age, Abraham's age, what people probably said about her, and more to cloud how she "considered Him." She disallowed her position to cloud her perspective of the King who is able!
      I believe from our weakness of: when it's hard, when the journey has been long, when our hope is stretched, and when what is "unseen" seems to grow even more elusive; we can be made strong if we moment by moment take "every thought captive" and CONSIDER HIM! We must work in refusing to allow our position to dictate, cloud, or distort our perspective of Him. Let's "consider Him" in every aspect of life; knowing that He is "able to do far more abundantly beyond what we ask or think" (Eph. 3:20). May His faithfulness make home in our hearts and may we know the fullness of the love of our Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Are So Many Great Women Single? Part 1

"When Waiting Is Apart of Walking"

"Follow the Leader"